If you’ve looked into engagement rates, you’ve probably heard that there are better channels out there than email. For example, text message marketing.
Well, @LarryKim swears by chatbots and I’m curious to try them out for myself. For example, chatbots on Facebook Messenger ads.
Larry Kim runs @MobileMonkey. I was looking through his site the other day and he mentioned a few interesting things:
- You can retarget ads using chatbots.
- Chatbots have a crazy high engagement rate.
- Chatbots are automated 24/7.
- You can take over the chatbot conversation if you need to.
- You can respond to questions by creating FAQ answers.
- Chatbots can appear on Facebook and on your website.
- Chatbots help avoid unread messages.
- Overly complex questions can be forwarded to a human.
- Chatbots don’t just get contact info: they qualify leads instantly with automatic responses.
- Use “Send to messenger” FB ads for a “100%” conversion rate.
- People who opt-in to your messenger updates are automatically subscribed to your Facebook page messages.
- FB chatbots grab contact info as soon as someone responds: profile photo, first and last name, gender, language, location, country.
- Larry says FB Messenger Blasts can get 70-80% open rates in 60 minutes! (vs 5-10% for email and <1% of FB organic posts in the news feed).
- Larry says re-marketing for searches (RLSA) triples click-through rates (which cuts the cost per click in half) and also triples conversion rates. A net $ benefit of 6x! The key to ads, he says, is brand affinity: customers who’ve heard of you before.
Don’t use the automatic ad placements for FB/Google Display network (due to click fraud). Create a unicorn slush fund (only use ads to promote your top 2% best performing content: ~10% CTR).
“Inverted unicorn” can get you $1.36 CPM, which is 20x lower than what you would expect to pay normally. Inverted unicorn: targeting people with completely unrelated interests with ads that connect the two.
Ex: email marketers who happen to love Michelle Obama, or marketers who are fans of GOT. For more info, you can watch the whole video with Larry here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=GDb_G7